Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I guess common sense isn't so common...




Pardon the pun but this sign on the employee bathroom pisses the crap out of me. Has mankind devolved so far that we can't put two and two together?

For all airport employees that are reading this please pay attention. You there, is this thing on? Seriously, if there is a locked bath room door you really only have two options; A) you wait until someone comes out of there, or B) You try another bathroom.

Is that too hard to understand?

My girlfriend had a similar frustration when she was a barista at a soulless corporate coffee chain that is popular despite their shitty coffee. She'd always complain about some mouth breathing moron that would ask for the key to the bathroom. When she'd tell them there is no key, they'd just stare at her as if their parachute didn't open when they pulled the cord. They wouldn't know what their next step should be. "But... but... it's locked," they'd say like the last life boat left the Titanic. And instead of telling them about their dumb ass, she'd have to grin that fake smile she clocked in with and explain to the lost cause "Oh really? Someone's in there then, they'll be out in a minute." She also didn't have the heart to tell the sweet old lady customers that the reason it's locked for 10 minutes is probably because a homeless guy is in there masturbating and taking a shower in the sink.

I think the best way to sum up the feeling the sign makes me feel every time I pass by it and how my girlfriend felt with those idiots is with a quote from the great Mike Tyson:

“[On his childhood] One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.”


I wish Mike was around to knock some sense into more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment