Monday, April 26, 2010

Another Gem from our HR office...

Here's another typical scene from our HR department that makes me question the future of mankind. Once again the names have been changed to protect the innocent and stupid. What makes this situation especially painful is that it took place over 3 separate phone calls. These conversations were between an HR Rep (H) and an Employee (E)... May god have mercy on your soul!

Phone Call #1:

E: No id cards for my kids!
H: Sorry to hear that. Which kids we need cards for?
E: My kids!
H: Hrmm. Ok. All of your kids?
E: No, just two.
H: Ok, so we still need two medical cards for two of your kids?
E: yes.
H: Please give me the names of the two kids with missing cards.
E: 689-25-
H: Whats that?
E: My social.
H: Hrmm.. can I get the name of the two kids?
E: Ok.
H: Just tell me the names when you’re ready.
E: Ok.
H: I’m here. Just tell me the names and we can figure out what we need to do.
E: Yeah.
H: …

Phone Call #2 (after he remembers what his kids names are):

H: Ok, (Employee Name) – the cards should be coming to you in a day or two – but here are the temporary ID numbers you can use.
E: Ok, thanks.
*Click*
H: (Employee name)? Hello?
*phone starts beeping*

Phone Call #3:

H: (Employee Name)?
E: Yes.
H: I have two ID numbers for those two kids with missing cards. Don’t hang up.
E: Ok, thanks, (someone else's name).
H: Yeah, this is (actual name of HR rep) but don’t worry about it. Here are the numbers. Let me know when ready. You got a pen and paper?
E: Yeah, one second.
H: Cool.
E: Ok.
H: Ready for the id numbers?
E: 689-25-
H: No, I’ll give you the medical ID numbers for your kids. I don’t need your social right now.
E: Ahh! Okok! I’m ready.
H: Here are the numbers…

fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment